Typically served cold, this dish, made from Greek yogurt, is a traditional appetizer often served with grilled meats (kebab, souvlaki, gyros, greek pita bread, baked/fried potatoes) or as a refreshing dip/sauce for vegetables.
Garlic, Salt, Dill, Carrot Flakes, Onion, Black Pepper, Red Sweet Pepper, Parsley.
Recipe for TZATZIKI Dip*
- 1 cup (250-300gr) of Greek Yogurt (Strained yogurt).
- 1 medium cucumber
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1,5 - 2 tsp of TZATZIKI Seasoning
- Peel the cucumber, cut lengthwise in half and remove the seeds with a spoon. Grate it with a cheese grater (large blades).
- Put the cucumber in a bowl. Add a pinch of salt and 1 tbsp of white wine vinegar. Mix and set aside for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Combine the yogurt, TZATZIKI seasoning, 2 tbsp white wine vinegar and 3 tbsp of olive oil. Mix until it is combined and creamy.
- Squeeze the cucumber with your hands to release any remaining liquid. Discard the liquid and add the cucumber to the yogurt mixture.
- Stir the cucumber into the mixture, cover the bowl and let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 20 to 30 minutes.
*recipe inspired by Akis Petretzikis.