Greek Spirulina Tablets | Organic
Spirulina is an edible blue-green microalgae. It consists of many cells that form filaments between them, which are spiral.
Spirulina is perhaps the most complete, balanced, and rich food that nature has given us as it contains more than 100 nutrients. It has the highest rate of absorption (95%), compared to that of most foods which is only 10-15%.
Spirulina produces all its nutrients with the help of sunlight and carbon dioxide. Cyan is due to a protein, phycocyanin, while green is due to chlorophyll.
Important for human health due to its high content of nutrients such as:
- Protein: 60-70% of its dry weight, proportionally 4 times more than red meat.
- Vitamins: A, E, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12 - in significant quantities.
- Beta Carotene: 25 times more provitamin A than raw carrots.
- Iron: 50 times more organic iron than raw spinach.
- Minerals: magnesium, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, selenium, manganese.
- Amino acids: 8 essential and 10 non-essential amino acids, phenylalanine - amino acids.
- Antioxidants: one of the richest natural sources of antioxidants (high content of Phycocyanin and Vitamin E).
- Dietary Fibers: help remove toxins from the body (blue pigment, with great immune action).
- Omega 3 & Omega 6: γ-linolenic acid (GLA), a fatty acid found in breast milk.