"Tzatziki" Spice Mix
Typically served cold, this dish, made with Greek yogurt, is a traditional appetizer often served with grilled meats (kebab, souvlaki, gyros), Greek pita bread, baked/fried potatoes, or as a refreshing dip/sauce for vegetables.
Garlic, Salt, Dill, Carrot Flakes, Onion, Black Pepper, Red Sweet Pepper, Parsley, Magnesium Carbonate
"THE" Recipe for "Tzatziki" Dip
- 1 cup (250-300g) of Greek Yogurt (Strained yogurt)
- 1 medium cucumber
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1,5 - 2 tsp of "Tzatziki" seasoning
- Peel the cucumber, cut lengthwise in half, and remove the seeds with a spoon. Grate it with a cheese grater (large blades).
- Put the cucumber in a bowl. Add a pinch of salt and 1 tbsp of white wine vinegar. Mix and set aside for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Combine the yogurt, "Tzatziki" seasoning, 2 tbsp white wine vinegar, and 3 tbsp of olive oil. Mix until it is combined and creamy.
- Squeeze the cucumber with your hands to release any remaining liquid. Discard the liquid and add the cucumber to the yogurt mixture.
- Stir the cucumber into the mixture, cover the bowl and let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 20 to 30 minutes.
◉ Spices should be stored in airtight glass containers -in a cool, dark, and dry area- to preserve their flavor.