"A Touch of Lemon" Chai Tea
This blend combines the classic spices associated with chai masala in an entirely new way, warming you up nicely in the cold season. The pineapple's sweetness complements the spiciness of ginger and the warmth of cinnamon. A delicious cup of tea, ideal after a meal or before bedtime.
Ginger, Cardamom, Cloves, Lemongrass, Pineapple, Cinnamon, Pink Pepper
◉ If the spice infusion is free of Green, Black, White, Oolong, or Mate tea, then it is caffeine-free as well.
◉ Should be stored in airtight glass containers -in a cool, dark, and dry place- to preserve the flavor, texture, and properties.
◉ Since there is so much flavor in this mixture, it could be reinfused once or twice more. ◉ Refrigerate leftover tea in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Spice Tea Brewing Instructions
- Hot Brew
- Heat the water to just the point when it starts to boil.
- Add 1 teaspoon of loose tea to a tea infuser or tea bag, for every 180ml - 240ml of water. If you prefer a stronger cup, include more tea instead of a longer steep time to prevent the likelihood of a more bitter flavor.
- Pour the heated water (right off the boil) over the tea, cover your cup, and steep for 5-7 minutes or longer.
- Add honey, or stevia for sweetness, if desired.
- If preferred, replace a portion of the water with milk in a ratio of your choice.
- Cold Brew
A cold infusion delivers flavors that are sweeter, smoother, more complex, and can be made in a number of different ways. (If preferred, replace a portion of the water with cold milk in a ratio of your choice)
The Fast Way
Follow the steps as shown in the "Hot Brew", but use less water, and perhaps even more tea, in order to produce tea concentrate.
Strain and pour over ice or cold water.
20' to 60' Ready
Add 1-2 teaspoons of loose tea to a tea infuser or tea bag, for every 200ml - 250ml of water. Pour ice-cold water over the tea, stir, cover, and steep for 20 minutes at least. Serve over ice and enjoy.
Overnight Ice Tea
Add 1-2 teaspoons of loose tea to a tea infuser or tea bag, for every 200ml - 250ml of water. Pour room-temperature water over the tea, stir, cover, and refrigerate for 6 to 12 hours.
Follow these additional steps to make the perfect cup of tea!