Cowslip (Primula Veris)
The cowslip, also known as mayflower, key of heaven, fairy cups, and palsywort, is native to Asia and Europe. The herb has been used for a very long time as medicine. It finds mention in ancient mythology where Celtic druids used to enhance the power of absorption of other medicinal herbs.
In ancient times it was mostly used to treat gout, muscular rheumatism, and as a sedative for anxiety and stress symptoms. It was also used to counter paralytic attacks and for memory loss.
The juice from the root and leaves is known to help counter aging signs such as wrinkles and skin spots. It is also an effective remedy for sunburn and freckles, for treating cramps, convulsions, palsies phrases, hallucinations, vertigo, and nerves. It is also good for eliminating pains in the bladder and back. It is known to take away trembling, giddiness, and many nervous-related troubles. Cowslip also helps wounds to heal without infection.
◉ 1-3 teaspoons of loose tea (or 3g up to 3 times) daily. If more than one herbal mixture is consumed at the same period of time, reduce the amount of tea accordingly.
◉ When herbs are used for an extended period of time, it is suggested to consume a herbal remedy with a ratio of 3 to 1. For example:
- If you choose to take it for 3 weeks, have a one-week pause.
- If it is taken for a 30-day period, have a 10-day pause.
That does not apply to herbs and fruits that have a laxative effect.
◉ Should be stored in airtight glass containers -in a cool, dark, and dry place- to preserve the flavor, texture, and properties.
◉ Before adding a new herbal remedy or supplement to your daily routine, you should consult with a medical doctor or holistic health practitioner.
Herbal Tea Brewing Instructions
- Heat the water to just the point when it starts to boil.
- Add 1 teaspoon of loose tea, to a tea infuser or tea bag, for every 180ml - 240ml of water.
- Pour the heated water (right off the boil) over the tea, cover your cup, and steep for 7-10 minutes or longer.
- Add honey or stevia for sweetness, if desired.
Follow these additional steps to make the perfect cup of tea!