Rhodiola Root (Rhodiola Rosea)
Rhodiola Rosea has been shown to be effective in improving mood and relieving depression. Research from Russia has shown that it improves both mental and physical performance, prevents illness at high altitudes, and reduces fatigue.
In one study, the Rhodiola Rosea group reduced correction errors by 88%, while the control group had an 84% increase in errors. The effects of Rhodiola Rosea are attributed to its ability to optimize serotonin and dopamine levels and its effect on opioid peptides such as beta-endorphins.
The stimulants are adaptogens. In Russia, Rhodiola has been used for hundreds of years to cope with the harsh Siberian climate and stressful life.
It helps reduce mood swings, increases levels of stamina, improve sexual performance, and corrects emotional imbalances as well as helps with memory, attention span, mental acuity, anxiety/panic attacks, depression, mental/physical fatigue, and concentration.
◉ 1-3 teaspoons of loose tea (or 3g up to 3 times) daily. If more than one herbal mixture is consumed at the same period of time, reduce the amount of tea accordingly.
◉ When herbs are used for an extended period of time, it is suggested to consume a herbal remedy with a ratio of 3 to 1. For example:
- If you choose to take it for 3 weeks, have a one-week pause.
- If it is taken for a 30-day period, have a 10-day pause.
That does not apply to herbs and fruits that have a laxative effect.
◉ Should be stored in airtight glass containers -in a cool, dark, and dry place- to preserve the flavor, texture, and properties.
◉ Before adding a new herbal remedy or supplement to your daily routine, you should consult with a medical doctor or holistic health practitioner.
Herbal Tea Brewing Instructions
- Heat the water to just the point when it starts to boil.
- Add 1 teaspoon of loose tea, to a tea infuser or tea bag, for every 180ml - 240ml of water.
- Pour the heated water (right off the boil) over the tea, cover your cup, and steep for 7-10 minutes or longer.
- Add honey or stevia for sweetness, if desired.
Follow these additional steps to make the perfect cup of tea!